(refresh your browser to close accordions)
Melba Friends Church is seeking a part-time youth pastor.
Half-time (with full time available in time or part-time negotiable)
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Spiritual Life Committee (Elders)
Compensation: $500-$1000 monthly depending on qualifications and time
- Adequate experience in working with youth in a youth ministry setting
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or Biblical studies (preferred but not required).
- Demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, care for youth, a passion for discipleship/spiritual growth and outreach to non-Christian youth.
- Self-motivated and capable leader relating to connecting with youth, parents and staff.
- Agreement with and abiding with Melba Friends Church (and NWYM) statements of faith.
- Agreement with and abiding with Melba Friends Church (and NWYM) child-abuse prevention policy
- Consistent witness and evidence of faith and prayer life.
- Strong understanding of scripture and core doctrinal beliefs
- Good personality based on fulfilling needs to connect with youth, church and community.
- Support and cooperation with other church pastors and leaders.
The Youth Pastor will lead and organize effective ministries with middle school youth group, high school youth group, Sunday morning class (bi-weekly or monthly) and be a part of connecting (potentially leading) a young adult group. This will involve connection and participation (as needed) to church camps, mission trips, student leadership retreats (if applicable) and regular church attendance.
Goal of each ministry is to prepare and equip young believers to grow in their faith through spiritual disciplines and involvement in the Christian community. Secondary goal of each ministry is to reach unsaved youth through connection and outreach. Youth ministries should be balanced with fun activities (approximately 7 activities outside of normal church and youth group activities), relational development and teaching towards spiritual understanding and growth in Christ.
The Youth Pastor will also need to maintain positive connections with parents of youth and church leadership. These connections will maintain updates on strategies, events, and other important information deemed necessary.
The Youth Pastor
- will work to recruit, equip, and partner with volunteers in each ministry area.
- will be given an expense account and be expected to oversee all costs and budgets effectively.
- will participate in staff meetings, Spiritual Life meetings and church business meetings.
- other duties as required and requested by the Lead Pastor or church leadership.
To apply: Send resume explaining qualifications along with at least three references (teacher, pastor, other adequate reference).
If you are interested to learn more, please contact Chris Hinderliter.
View and download this document [HERE].
Paonia Friends Church is seeking a Student Ministry Pastor.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxqvqkh8xzr4yly/201130%20Paonia%20Student%20Ministry%20Pastor.pdf?dl=0We are becoming people who love God, love others, and serve the world.
To become a people where every believer, as a part of God’s community, passionately responds to Jesus’ call to take the Gospel to all cultures for the sake of the King and Kingdom.
Our Core Values
We seek to have all church ministries aligned to our core values. (These are currently being refined and developed–you may ask for our latest version of these values from Chris Stanfield)
Position Purpose Statement
Partner with families to
- Lead Junior High and High School students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Encourage spiritually developing teenagers to be an active part of the body of Christ.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to create an atmosphere of transformational discipleship within our PFC families.
Full Time Position
- The weekly hours of this position vary in nature and are not expected to be entirely in the office.
- A balance of time spent between events, school campus events, visitation, ministry prep, leadership development, office hours and personal spiritual health and family.
Parents and Families
- Connect with parents to understand the needs of each family.
- Develop ways for the church to come alongside families to help all family members thrive.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth of Junior High and High school students (inside and outside the congregation) by coordinating activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Weekly small group bible studies
- Large group fellowship activities
- Spiritual retreats
- Mission trips
- Community service opportunities
- Denominational conferences and camps
- Meet with students on a one by one basis to provide prayer, support and counsel.
- Encourage and equip students to serve in all phases of church life to create a church that is intergenerational, striving to unite our community of believers.
Youth Ministry Volunteer Staff
- Recruit, train, coach, supervise and encourage volunteer adult staff who will share in the leadership of the Junior High and Senior High youth ministry.
- Work together with Lead Pastor and staff.
- Provide counsel and feedback to Lead pastor and staff.
- Act on behalf of Lead Pastor in his absence, as needed.
- Assist with other duties as required by the Lead Pastor.
- Help develop worship culture at PFC under the guidance of the Lead Pastor
- Within the youth
- Provide opportunity for worship and development of gifts to lead others in worship.
- Within corporate worship times of entire PFC gatherings
- Set the worship leader schedule and help facilitate a unified vision of corporate worship creating participation in PFC’s heartfelt worship of Jesus.
- Provide support and encouragement to worship leaders and members of music, sound and presentation teams.
- Be able to share the responsibility of worship leading as needed so the responsibility doesn’t become overwhelming for any one leader.
Seek out opportunities for spiritual growth and refreshment
- Must have 4 years of full-time ministry related pastoral experience
- Must have directed in Student ministries with a successful track record
- Must be a team player with a high energy level
- Must have the ability to plan, budget, and delegate
- Must be able to lead teams and recruit volunteers
- Must be passionate about serving Jesus Christ and His church
Please send resumes to:
Pastor Chris Stanfield
View/Download this document here. [DOWNLOAD]
Vancouver Friends offers transition house
Vancouver First Friends Church has partnered with The Table PNW, and generously allowed the parsonage on the church property to be used as a transition house for men who have successfully graduated a faith based recovery program. Residents will have a safe, accountable environment to live in. Also they will be guided through continued healing from the source of their addiction, job finding, money management, and many other related things. If you know someone who is graduating a program soon and needs help with the next phase please contact Pastor Geoff 360-600-0128. Space is limited. If you would like to help support the ministry, please check out The Table’s website at http://tablepnw.org/.
Know of any positions available?
Email Elizabeth Licon at the NWYM offices, or call Elizabeth at (503) 538-9419, ext. 112.