The Eight Boards
There are eight boards that help govern and direct the Yearly Meeting.
- Christian Education and Discipleship
- Congregational Care
- Global Outreach
- Leadership Development and Enrichment
- Local Outreach
- Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Board Member Expectations
Expectations for all board appointments are:
- Attend all regular meetings of the body to which appointed. Yearly Meeting in July, Fall Retreat (between September-November as set by board during YM sessions), Midyear Board meetings (late January).
- Participate in the body’s deliberations.
- Be supportive of consensus decision making.
- Have knowledge of Faith and Practice and Yearly Meeting purpose/goals.
- Be an active resident member of an NWYM Friends church.
- Resign if other commitments prevent full participation.
Joining a Board
You can nominate someone you know who has a passion for a board’s ministry, or indicate your own interest.
Take me to the electronic Nomination Form.
Take me to the electronic Self Nomination Form.
NOTE: Read the Letter to all board appointments from Yearly Meeting leadership, June 2018.
Christian Education Grants Available
The NWYM Board of Christian Education and Discipleship offers eight matching grants in the amount of $250 each to aid local churches in their education programs. Please complete this form to apply. [SEE THE FORM]
Share Call Grants Available
Share Call grants are available through the Board of Congregational Care. Download the application here. [DOWNLOAD]
Bible Quizzing Grants Available
Bible Quizzing grants are available through the Christian Education and Discipleship Board. [APPLY HERE]
Resources for Elders
Download the Elders Handbook. [DOWNLOAD]