The Eight Boards
There are eight boards that help govern and direct the Yearly Meeting.
- Christian Education and Discipleship
- Congregational Care
- Global Outreach
- Leadership Development and Enrichment
- Local Outreach
- Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Board Member Expectations
Expectations for all board appointments are:
- Attend all regular meetings of the body to which appointed. Yearly Meeting in July, Fall Retreat (between September-November as set by board during YM sessions), Midyear Board meetings (late January).
- Participate in the body’s deliberations.
- Be supportive of consensus decision making.
- Have knowledge of Faith and Practice and Yearly Meeting purpose/goals.
- Be an active resident member of an NWYM Friends church.
- Resign if other commitments prevent full participation.
Joining a Board
You can nominate someone you know who has a passion for a board’s ministry, or indicate your own interest.
Take me to the Nomination Form.
Take me to the Self Nomination Form.
NOTE: Read the Letter to all board appointments from Yearly Meeting leadership, June 2018.
Bible Quizzing Grants Available
Bible Quizzing grants are available through the Christian Education and Discipleship Board. [APPLY HERE]
Christian Education Grants Available
The NWYM Board of Christian Education and Discipleship offers eight matching grants in the amount of $250 each to aid local churches in their education programs. Please complete this form to apply. [SEE THE FORM]
Resources for Elders
Download the Elders Handbook. [DOWNLOAD]