Members of VOW use their individual skills to help churches, camps, schools, missions and other Christian enterprises with construction, renovation, remodeling, teaching and other areas of need. Many Vow members are retired RV owners, but the service opportunity is open to all interested persons.
More information – What is VOW?
APPLYING FOR VOW ASSISTANCE
Applicants for VOW assistance will be considered from the following:
- Friends churches and Christian camps, schools, colleges, universities and other organizations directly associated with NWYM.
- Friends churches and Christian non-profit organizations other than those associated with NWYM.
Responsibility of Project Host Organization
- Complete the Application For VOW Assistance.
- Provide all necessary supplies, materials and permits necessary to complete the project.
- Supply at least one person, Applicant Project Coordinator to work with VOW volunteers and oversee the project.
- Cooperate with the VOW Project Coordinator and volunteers to make appropriate use of volunteer skills and monitor project progress.
Responsibility of VOW
- Name a VOW Project Coordinator
- Assess the requested project to be sure it is appropriate based on current membership skills and abilities.
- Recruit volunteers
- Communicate with the Project Host Organization regarding all aspects of the project.