MATCHING GRANT GUIDELINES
The NWYM Board of Local Outreach allocates a portion of its annual budget to fund matching grants to assist local churches and ministry points in their community outreach efforts. The grants are intended to support new or significantly expanded outreach ministry projects which will allow church members to make a direct impact on people in their local community.
- Any NWYM church or ministry point may apply for one grant per year.
- Grant funds are available in amounts up to $500.00.
- This is a matching grant. Applicants must verify the amount raised for the project; the amount requested must match funds already raised.
- BOLO requires an on-line response report detailing progress and/or outcomes of the project. This report can be informal, but we encourage you to share pictures and stories. This report is due within 6 month of your receipt of the grant.
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the calendar year. The grant sub-committee will meet twice a year, in mid-May and in mid-October, to consider applications. Applicants will receive a response by June 1 or November 1.
- Applications are to be submitted on-line only to:
Subject line: Bill Moormann, BOLO Matching Grant Application
(if you have difficulty applying on-line please contact BOLO Clerk Bill Moormann at 503-252-8415)
- The most successful applicants have been those requesting matching funds for new ministries which would directly connect the local church to the surrounding community with a strong emphasis on outreach and relationship building.