This is an informal internship position, compensated for up to 10 hours per week during the GFU school year.
The Youth intern will be accountable to the Elders and Pastor through the Christian Education Committee and specifically through a liaison person appointed by the Elders.
• Plan and conduct a midweek youth program that includes elements of activity, Bible study, and worship.
• Attend the youth Sunday school class two times per month.
• Coordinate with pastor/elder to plan a special event each month.
• Be available to youth for one-on-one counseling in a public place (e.g., coffee shop, library).
• Attend the Sunday morning worship service on a weekly basis.
• The intern will receive monthly compensation at the rate of $15.00 per hour as recorded on the time sheet provided by the church bookkeeper.
• The church will cover expenses for the intern on official church youth trips and special events.
• Personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Passion for God and students.
• Displays gifts of teaching and helps.
• Must be able to provide own transportation to and from activities.
• A cooperative spirit in working with other youth workers.
Evaluation of performance will occur semiannually with the Elders’ liaison, the pastor.
Please contact Dianne Sargent at email@example.com to apply.