Newberg Friends Church announces a position opening for Associate Pastor. Included below is the job description:
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Elders Committee.
Purpose: The role of the Associate Pastor is to work in harmony with the church leadership and implement the ministries of Newberg Friends Church. This individual will intentionally equip and train others for ministry.
(Mission) “To connect with Jesus, grow in faith and go out to glorify God.”
Essential Job Functions:
• Primary support person to the Lead Pastor
• Assist in service planning and design.
• Periodic speaking, training, preaching.
• To help people understand the mission of the church so that they can take the next step in their faith.
• Support the Lead Pastor in the overall vision-casting and leadership of the church’s teaching and weekend service planning, design and execution. Implementing strategies and proper training will be essential.
• Serve as the primary person to do or to oversee/equip others to create a welcoming atmosphere, with properly trained volunteers so that the church stays on mission.
• Give oversight and encouragement to leadership while staying connected to committees. He/she will coordinate and communicate well with the pastoral team to insure they are remaining accountable to the mission of the church.
• Support the church’s numerical growth and discipleship growth.
• Education: Ministry degree or minimum of four years ministry experience preferred.
• Experience: Working with adults and children in a Christian setting. Demonstration of Christ-centered and a healthy life-style.
• Background check: Provide evidence of a passed background check.
• Spiritual Agreement: Recognizes and supports the teachings and beliefs of Newberg Friends Church and the Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends. (Yearly signed statement of faith)
• Lifestyle agreement form (signed and yearly renewed)
• Work Environment: Indoors at a desk; homes and institutions; church.
• Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, walking, driving. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Hours: 40 hours per week.
• Travel: Any travel expenses incurred for ministry related activities (visitation, supplies) to be reimbursed when submitted with documentation to the church bookkeeper.
If interested in this position, you are invited to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.