An Annual Gathering for Pastors, Spouses, Friends Serving Abroad,
Seminary Students, and Ministry Leaders in NWYM of Friends Church
We invite you to a time of rest, renewal and play. Enjoy the company of other sisters and brothers who serve and seek to honor Jesus and his people. This is a time to renew the joy of seeking and following Christ, to reconnect and make new friends, and to walk the beach and enjoy God’s creation. The food is pretty wonderful as well!
Dates: March 9-12th
Location: Twin Rocks Friends Camp
THEME & MAIN SPEAKER:
The theme this year is: Flourishing In Ministry. Our main speaker is Rev. Chris Adams, Ph.D. He will be focusing on the person of the Pastor; personal enrichment, spiritual growth, and being healthy in ministry. The difference between “surviving” and “thriving”.
Here is a short bio:
Having spent the last 8 years as the Associate Campus Pastor for Community Care at Azusa Pacific University, Chris is the new Director of the Kern Center for Vocational Ministry & Associate Professor of Pastoral Care & Counseling at Azusa Pacific Seminary. He is a third generation pastor’s kid, and an ordained minister. In addition to his role as a professor in undergraduate and seminary teaching and training, he is also active as a denominational/church consultant, and frequent speaker at pastors’ retreats and conferences.
Having spent a number of years in local church and parachurch ministry leadership, Chris developed a passion pastoral and church health issues. A graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary, he is currently participating in research on pastoral health and effectiveness, including the Duke Clergy Health Initiative and Profiles in Ministry Project for the Association of Theological Schools. Chris also facilitates the clergy candidacy assessment, selection, formation, and ongoing care processes for a number of denominations and seminaries.
Chris is married to Lori, a cardiac nurse, and they have two children, Lexi (5), and Cole (10 months). Chris enjoys spending time with his family, playing tennis, scuba diving, and music (especially jazz).
There will be two workshops offered this year on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. They will each be offered both days allowing you to attend each workshop.
- Church Revitalization:This workshop led by Pastor Robert Hays will include lessons and takeaways from the book “Scrappy Church”, by Thom Ranier. There will be practical ideas that can be taken back to your church and implemented to help revitalize your church.
- Prayer: The Key to Revival: This workshop led by Beth Banham will focus on the intercessory prayer movement that is beginning within Northwest Yearly Meeting. Revitalization and revival begin with prayer and the Holy Spirit’s moving. Practical steps in how to start and continue an intercessory prayer group/s will be given.
- Active Pastors, the churches of NWYM subsidizes a portion of your fee and the remaining amount is $50 for yourself and an additional $50 for your spouse. If you choose to stay in Pacific Woods Lodge, you are personally responsible for the additional cost of $75.
- Everyone else (and spouses), $125 for a single registration or $175 for a couple.
- Everyone that chooses the Pacific Woods Lodge requires an additional $75 (These will be available on a “first-check-received, first-served basis.” There is a limited number!)
- Registration Form
- Payment Information
- Please make checks payable to NWYM Pastors Assoc.
- You are also able to make payments online. If you pay online, please designate the payment is for Pastors Conference in the corresponding section.
- 2020 Pastors Conference Schedule
- Please bring your own bedding and towels, unless you register for the Pacific Woods Lodge
- Pets: Pets are not allowed on the grounds of Twin Rocks Friends Camp. Please make other arrangements for the care of your furry friends that week.
- Parents: Childcare will be provided during the meeting times. Please note on the registration form if you will be bringing children. It’s especially critical that this information is received ahead of time. The cost for children under 3 is $25. Those who are older than 3 will be $100.