Yearly Meeting Friends Women Banquet:
- Registration and refreshment time: 4:15 p.m. — 5:00 p.m. (Punch provided during registration time and visiting)
- Banquet begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $14 if registered by July 16; $19 if registered after July 16. Limited seating available.
- Date: Sunday, July 20, 2014
- Location: Klages Dining Hall
Send a check payable to NWYM Friends Women, mailed to:
NWYM Friends Women – attn: Krista Maroni, 200 N. Meridian, Newberg, OR 97132
Guard Your Heart
For Elizabeth Todd
2014 Friends Women Retreats
Theme: Grace and Truth
What does it mean to live as if grace is real? As if we do not need to earn our place in heaven? It must feel like the Kingdom of God. Yet to really hear the Good News, we must repent. And that’s the Truth. To meet Jesus is to be enveloped in grace, guided by truth. Grace provides forgiveness unmerited, not once but many times, as in “grace upon grace.” Truth, however, is challenging. Truth will set us free, but it may bring us up short at first, possibly in highly inconvenient ways. Come meet us at the crossing, and join the conversation about Grace and Truth.
And the Word became flesh and lived among us,
and we have seen his glory, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14 NRSV
Speakers: Our keynote speaker will be Judy Maurer, who is serving in Russia under NWYM. In addition, Bonnie Steinborn will be our Saturday morning speaker. Bonnie has served for years teaching English abroad and connecting women to women through Christ.
Other Activities: Crafts, workshops, silent auction to benefit Kara Maurer and Anna Thomas, who plan to serve in Moscow during the 2014-15 school year.
Quaker Hill, McCall, ID
- Date: September 19-21, 2014
- Cost: $131, after September 4 the cost is $141
Twin Rocks Friends Camp
- Date: September 26-28, 2014
- Cost: Standard – $150, after September 3 the cost is $160; Deluxe – $194, after September 3 the cost is $204