Friends Women coordinates women’s groups in the individual churches of the yearly meeting area. Projects include the support of a missionary family on a foreign field and partial support of a family in Northwest Yearly Meeting involved in church planting. It also serves as an information link with the work of Evangelical Friends International. Groups within individual churches also have service projects in their local areas, as well as holding fellowship and support meetings.
If you would like to read an essay Geraldine Willcuts wrote about Friends women you can download it by clicking HERE.
To read the presidents Friends Women Annual Report by BettyLou Sargent please click HERE.
YM Banquet and Fall Retreats
Each year we host events for women in the NWYM, including the YM Banquet and Fall Retreats. Please visit the Friends Women Events page for this year’s information.
- To provide Christian fellowship.
- To provide support through prayer and monetary support to home and Friends Serving Abroad (FSA).
- To provide service and support in our local churches.
Quaker Waggin’s Newsletter
- Read the quarterly Friends Women newsletter, Quaker Waggins
- Dues per member: $25.00
- includes subscription to Quaker Waggins
- Checks payable to: Friends Women
- mail to Janelle Nordyke, 200 N Meridian Street, Newberg, OR 97132
Officers for 2014-2015
Area Vice Presidents:
Each member is encouraged to read nine books out of at least five of the following categories: Spiritual Growth/Christian Living, Quaker History and Doctrine, Missions, Christian Fiction, Biography/Autobiography.
Friends Women Projects for 2014-2015
- Hospitality Funds for Maurers in Russia – $500.00
- China Teachers Retreat – $1,000.00
- Bibles for China – $300.00
- Peace Thru Pieces – $800.00
- BioSand Water Filters – $500.00
- Morocco Therapy Transportation for Children – $500.00
- Rwanda Discipling for Development – $1,000.00
- Nepal Sand Filters and Toilets – $1,000.00
Total – $5,600.00