Friends Women coordinates women’s groups in the individual churches of the yearly meeting area. Projects include the support of a missionary family on a foreign field and partial support of a family in Northwest Yearly Meeting involved in church planting. It also serves as an information link with the work of Evangelical Friends International. Groups within individual churches also have service projects in their local areas, as well as holding fellowship and support meetings.
If you would like to read an essay Geraldine Willcuts wrote about Friends women you can download it by clicking HERE.
YM Banquet and Fall Retreats
Each year we host events for women in the NWYM, including the YM Banquet and Fall Retreats. Please visit the Friends Women Events page for this year’s information.
- To provide Christian fellowship.
- To provide support through prayer and monetary support to home and Friends Serving Abroad (FSA).
- To provide service and support in our local churches.
Quaker Waggin’s Newsletter
- Read the quarterly Friends Women newsletter, Quaker Waggins
- Dues per member: $25.00
- includes subscription to Quaker Waggins
- Checks payable to: Friends Women
- mail to Janelle Nordyke, 200 N Meridian Street, Newberg, OR 97132
Officers for 2017-2018
Area Vice Presidents:
Southern Idaho Area:
Southern Oregon: Nadine Brood – 541.535.1722
Each member is encouraged to read nine books out of at least five of the following categories: Spiritual Growth/Christian Living, Quaker History and Doctrine, Missions, Christian Fiction, Biography/Autobiography.
Friends Women Projects for 2018/19 coming soon