At first meeting with high school juniors:
- Review “Truth about Military Recruiters’ Claims” and “General Information on Conscientious Objection“.
- Discuss the questions on the “Worksheet on War Objection.” Talk through people’s thoughts about war and conscientious objection.
- Answer any questions about the worksheet.
- Let young people know you will be meeting again in two months. Tell them to be prepared to bring the following to the second meeting:
- Outline of answers to questions on the “Worksheet on War Objection,” or a written “Statement of Conscientious Objector Status” answering those questions.
- List of possible references.
Two weeks before second meeting, send reminder to young people . Ask them to bring the above-stated items.
At second meeting, two months later:
- Discuss statements, or answers to “Worksheet on War Objection” questions.
- Talk to them about their ideas for references.
Assist individual young people with presenting their statements to the monthly meeting.
Appoint someone to follow-up with each young person one month before their 18th birthday. Encourage them to get their support letters gathered, if they have not already. (See Guidelines for Support Letters).