(refresh your browser to close accordions)
Melba Friends Church is seeking a part-time youth pastor.
Half-time (with full time available in time or part-time negotiable)
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Spiritual Life Committee (Elders)
Compensation: $500-$1000 monthly depending on qualifications and time
- Adequate experience in working with youth in a youth ministry setting
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or Biblical studies (preferred but not required).
- Demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, care for youth, a passion for discipleship/spiritual growth and outreach to non-Christian youth.
- Self-motivated and capable leader relating to connecting with youth, parents and staff.
- Agreement with and abiding with Melba Friends Church (and NWYM) statements of faith.
- Agreement with and abiding with Melba Friends Church (and NWYM) child-abuse prevention policy
- Consistent witness and evidence of faith and prayer life.
- Strong understanding of scripture and core doctrinal beliefs
- Good personality based on fulfilling needs to connect with youth, church and community.
- Support and cooperation with other church pastors and leaders.
The Youth Pastor will lead and organize effective ministries with middle school youth group, high school youth group, Sunday morning class (bi-weekly or monthly) and be a part of connecting (potentially leading) a young adult group. This will involve connection and participation (as needed) to church camps, mission trips, student leadership retreats (if applicable) and regular church attendance.
Goal of each ministry is to prepare and equip young believers to grow in their faith through spiritual disciplines and involvement in the Christian community. Secondary goal of each ministry is to reach unsaved youth through connection and outreach. Youth ministries should be balanced with fun activities (approximately 7 activities outside of normal church and youth group activities), relational development and teaching towards spiritual understanding and growth in Christ.
The Youth Pastor will also need to maintain positive connections with parents of youth and church leadership. These connections will maintain updates on strategies, events, and other important information deemed necessary.
The Youth Pastor
- will work to recruit, equip, and partner with volunteers in each ministry area.
- will be given an expense account and be expected to oversee all costs and budgets effectively.
- will participate in staff meetings, Spiritual Life meetings and church business meetings.
- other duties as required and requested by the Lead Pastor or church leadership.
To apply: Send resume explaining qualifications along with at least three references (teacher, pastor, other adequate reference).
If you are interested to learn more, please contact Chris Hinderliter.
View and download this document [HERE].
Know of any positions available?
Email Elizabeth Licon at the NWYM offices, or call Elizabeth at (503) 538-9419, ext. 112.