There are eight boards that help govern and direct the Yearly Meeting. These boards are:
- Christian Education and Discipleship
- Congregational Care
- Global Outreach
- Leadership Development and Enrichment
- Local Outreach
- Youth and Young Adult Ministry
2013 Ministry Plans
- Here is a summary of the highlights of each board’s goals for 2013.
JOINING A BOARD
- You can nominate someone you know who has a passion for a board’s ministry, or indicate your own interest.
NOTE — Expectations for all board appointments are:
- Attend all regular meetings of the body to which appointed. Yearly Meeting in July, Fall Retreat (between September-November as set by board during YM sessions), Midyear Board meetings (last weekend in February, 2007).
- Participate in the body’s deliberations.
- Be supportive of consensus decision making.
- Have knowledge of Faith and Practice and Yearly Meeting purpose/goals.
- Be an active resident member of an NWYM Friends church.
- Resign if other commitments prevent full participation.