Olympic View Friends Church is seeking to hire a Director of Education and Programming for our Child Care & Learning Center. A summary of the ministry description is below. Interested applicants should email their resumes to both firstname.lastname@example.org
, they will then be sent the full ministry description and application if they meet the qualifications.
Olympic View Friends (a 3 Star Rated Early Achievers Child Care & Learning Center, located in NE Tacoma, WA) is seeking a full-time Director of Education and Programming to oversee the management of OV Friends education, classrooms and programming; ensuring compliance with Washington State minimum licensing requirements, Early Achievers Program, health department regulations and OV Friends policies and procedures.
The Director of Education will, among other tasks:
- work with families and staff to create a “best practices” environment,
- maintain enrollment of children in the programs,
- assist our Director of Ministry and Administration in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff,
- monitor dietary, health, and safety standards,
- ensure compliance with licensing regulations and Early Achievers
- report to the Director of Ministry and Administration.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Be of good character;
- Demonstrate the understanding, ability, personality, emotional stability, and physical health suited to meet the cultural, emotional, mental, physical, and social needs of the children in care;
- Not have committed or been convicted of child abuse or any crime involving harm to another person;
- The Director of Education shall be at least twenty-one years of age or older;
- Have knowledge of child development as evidenced by professional reference, education, experience, and on-the-job performance;
- Have written proof of education including a current child development associate certificate (CDA)
- Have two or more years successful experience working with children of the same age level as those served by OV Friends as evidenced by professional reference and on-the-job performance;
- Have planning, coordination, and supervisory skills to implement high quality, developmentally appropriate program; and
- Have knowledge of children and how to meet children’s needs;
- Discharge on site program supervisory duties forty-hours a week;
- Meet the Washington State Training and Registry (S.T.A.R.S.) requirements, such as 10 hours of continuing education each year employed at OV Friends;
- TB skin test upon employment; and
- Follow all licensing, health care, and OV Friends employee policies and procedures.
- Not let the provision of child care interfere with management or supervisory responsibilities;
- Be on the premises for the majority of the hours that care is provided and designate a person to be in charge that meets the qualifications of a lead teacher when not present;
- Has excellent leadership, organizational, educational, verbal and written communication skills
You can learn more about Olympic View Friends by visiting our website at ovfc.org.
Please provide a resume and a cover letter that includes a statement about your philosophy of early care and education by October 13, 2017. A full detailed ministry description will then be emailed to you if you meet our qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on education and experience (minimum of $31,284 a year). A set stipend for moving expenses is available for the right candidate.