The Eight Boards
There are eight boards that help govern and direct the Yearly Meeting.
Christian Education and Discipleship
Leadership Development and Enrichment
Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Board Member Expectations
Expectations for all board appointments are:
- Attend all regular meetings of the body to which appointed. Yearly Meeting in July, Fall Retreat (between September-November as set by board during YM sessions), Midyear Board meetings (late January).
- Participate in the body’s deliberations.
- Be supportive of consensus decision making.
- Have knowledge of Faith and Practice and Yearly Meeting purpose/goals.
- Be an active resident member of an NWYM Friends church.
- Resign if other commitments prevent full participation.
Joining a Board
You can nominate someone you know who has a passion for a board’s ministry, or indicate your own interest.
Take me to the Nomination Form.
Take me to the Self Nomination Form.