Saturday, July 20
Preparing for tomorrow’s Sabbath day of worship
Read Psalm 46
Make an extra effort to prepare your heart for tomorrow’s ‘open worship.’ Persons there may sense God’s direction to speak, sing, pray, sit in silent waiting before the presence of the Lord, or minister to others in the love of Jesus.
Suggestions during the silent time:
- Surrender all outside concerns and focus your thoughts on the Lord.
- Ask the Lord for guidance and peace.
- If the burden of sin is heavy for you, confess your sin (silently to God) and accept his forgiveness and power to change.
- Listen for God’s voice within your heart.
- Concentrate on a scripture or a song that has meaning for you.
If you feel compelled to share a brief message:
- Allow opportunity between each message so people have time to pray or reflect upon what was shared.
- Consider whether your words are appropriate for a group setting.
- Consider if your brief message enhances the current theme of the service.
- Speak audibly and clearly.
- Refrain from using this time for political or personal agendas or for announcements.
YM prayer focus:
Rosedale (Salem, OR) and their leaders
Safety for those travelling to Newberg today and tomorrow